Backbone is a Safety Device for Reach and Stand-up Counterbalance Trucks
For Reach Trucks and Stand-up Counterbalance Trucks
The Backbone ™ is a safety device for reach trucks and stand-up counterbalanced trucks to protect operators against accidental rear-ward collisions with racking systems that may cause serious injury without reducing overhead guard protective capability. The Backbone™ is installed on a reach truck by simply clamping to the overhead guard from the top and bolting to the reach truck frame at the bottom by drilling small holes. No welding required. Additional padding can be strapped onto the back of the unit for operator comfort.
Note: The Backbone™ is fully tested to meet all required ASME and ANSI Standards. The Backbone™ was tested in accordance with ANSI B56.1. It was found to meet the requirement to withstand the impact of a fully loaded truck traveling 1.6 km/h (approx. 1 mph).
Main Features Include:
- Easy to install – attaches in minutes
- Minimum machine downtime and installation costs
- Provides enhanced operator safety – addresses the under-rider hazard around racking components
- Provides greater operator control of the reach truck
- Reduces the risk of objects striking the operator causing loss of control